Sep 29, 2007

Walk In the Big Trees



Today we had a real treat, momma and I decided to take you someplace special. Kind of shocking that we live so close to this park and haven't taken you there (in fairness there is a mountain range between us and the park). Anyway, we decided to take you for a walk around some REALLY big trees. Like this one, which is somewhere around 1600 years old. I'll say that again - SIXTEEN HUNDRED YEARS. That is an old freaking tree.
From Walk In The R...

I mean, seriously, this tree is over two hundred feet tall! Completely so wild... You really have to walk up to something that large to grasp how enormous they really are.

You seemed to have a good time, and it was fun taking pictures of you with these giants.

Words can't really describe what it is like in a Redwood forest. These trees are so huge, and so old, and so massive. Really amazing.

You, quite frankly, were most concerned about collecting your sticks, including one which was way too long for you to be wielding, but you wouldn't give it up for anything.

You got to run around and play with a lot of these giant trees, this park was really nice and I'm so glad we brought you here.

You did seem to have a good time, but I think your favorite part was getting spun around, and this time we managed to get a few quick pics.

We took a lot of pictures today, so your best bet is to just check out the whole gallery, and of course your momma's Flickr gallery. She's way ahead of me, though, she's already got pictures up of your trip to the Pumpkin Farm, playing with her tripod, I'm so far behind!
From Walk In The R...

Anyway, tomorrow we're going to try and take you to the Monterey aquarium. They have another Great White Shark there, and we have a membership. That sounds like a winning combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment