Feb 1, 2008

Legos and Safari Run

This morning, you were being extra cute and fun, and I haven't seen you much at night this week, so we got to play for a little while.
From Legos and Saf...

So we did some Legos in the living room, and we made a giant tower for your little cat puppet.

You liked showing him your ball. You are very proud of this ball. When we went to the pet store last week, you picked it out from lots of bins and it was what you really wanted. Since it was under a buck, and too big to swallow, I was all over it. You carry it around everywhere now.

Anyway, I had the Nice Camera, so I thought I'd play with this depth of field thing for a bit. I really like this new camera lens a lot!

It really makes a difference, I think, in putting some emphasis on the subject. Like when the cat is in focus, I call it 'Emo Kitty Ponders The Roof Deck':

And I don't know what to call this one... How about 'Kitty Misses Maya'?

So anyway, we played with legos and it was real fun. You are very good at making lego towers!

It is always nice to see you so smiley! Especially when you go hide in your secret spot, which is not so secret by the way.

Anyway, today Momma took you to meet Hope and Faith, and Faith's (Faif)new brother Anthony (Anfanee) at a kid play place called Safari Run, and you guys got to run around and climb on stuff.

You and Faif had a good time, it would seem. Mommy says I can take you there sometime, and there were lots of things to do.

She also said, if she wasn't right near you and you were having a hard time getting up on something, you'd look the nearest adult right in the eye and strongly declare "Maya needs a boost!"

I thought that would make you nice and tired, but here it is 9:30 and you are still wide awake, coming out of your room every ten minutes. Mom's in there right now, negotiating what it takes to get you to stay in your beddy. We knew this was going to be a long one, as soon as I first put you down. Stay in your beddy Maya!

Ok, we'll see if Mommy was able to make this one stick. We have been trying for a couple hours to get you down. You keep coming to the door and talking to us, and we try not to crack up and tell you in a serious voice "Maya, go lay down in your beddy!" And you say "Looks like someone's hiding back there!" Which, I'm pretty sure, is a line from Curious George. Because you're funny like that. Good night Tiny Pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment