![]() |
| From Crayon Park Daddysitting |
A few weekends ago I took you down to crayon park, to spend a little quality Maya Time before I headed off to Texas. As usual, I had a camera with me in case you did anything irresistibly cute. And as usual, you did!

We played on the big slide for a long time. You love this thing. Better take advantage of the natural hills, there won't be many of those in Chicago!

I'm sure the weather in Chicago was exactly like this. Except about 50 degrees colder, grey cloudy sky, and probably some snow on the ground. Otherwise, exactly like this!

I call that one, "Whadda YOU lookin at?"

You're now big enough to want to climb around on the hill as well as on the slide. I get so frightened that you're going to tumble down the hill, but then I remember you'd probably laugh like crazy. But if you get a bump (or a pinch), you will NOT let me kiss it. Has to be mommy. So I live in terror of you getting a bump when she's not around. Oh, the humanity!

It is all good in the sandbox, though. Nothing to get bumped on in here! This is me teaching you it isn't cool to throw sand. As you can see, I'm a phenomenal teacher and you are a fantastic student!

After we got home we went outside to do two of your favorite things. Collect sticks and chase Louis around. Louis would have absolutely loved this game about 5 or 8 years ago. Now I think he just looks for a sunny spot where you can't find him.

Take a long look at these little guys, I don't think the flowers bloom much in Chicago in February.

I don't think the fruit trees do so well there, either, although we've never gotten more than three at a time to grow on our orange tree in the backyard. I don't think you realize these are the same things we get at the store, so I was trying to teach you that these are just like regular fruit!

Anyway, you are getting really good at not falling asleep right away at night. Right now you are in your crib talking to something, probably a stuffed animal or yourself. You got to see lots of trains today, we took you downtown to throw pennies in the fountain (you are so good at that) and have tacos. Num! You have been watching lots of tv while your mom and I have unsuccessfully fought this bug, and that's going to change really soon. You get very grumpy in the morning if we only let you watch one episode of Curious George. Still, you are about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Tonight George was counting stars, and he developed a system. You declared "Maya has a system!" I asked "Well what's your system" and you declared "Drink lots of milk and eat round cookies!" Sometimes you are too much...

No comments:
Post a Comment