Mar 22, 2008

Bike Ridey Saturday

Well today was another really fun one! We went to the Stanford campus to ride bikes, throw pennies in fountains, and run around.
From Stanford Bike...

You are all about throwing pennies in fountains. We're going to need more pennies. You throw, and before it even hits the water you're digging for another one. "Another one?" is exactly what you say, if you've just thrown your last. Stanford is a really nice campus, and happens to have lots of fountains.

This one was really noisy, and was rough and choppy just like the ocean! I think it was probably your favorite. You ran about 10 laps around it, explaining in part why you were so tired.

It goes without saying, of course, that you threw some pennies "in theien" as well. I really don't know how you would spell the way you say "in there" but it is really cute. Speaking of cute, just look at this little wookie.

We also went to the New Guinea Sculpture Gardens, which is a place you've been before. You were way more into it this time. Your mom thinks, though, that the last time you were here you were wearing the same shirt! Too funny...

You rode the alligator again, too. This is a big long old alligator, and you like him.

Then you found some lizards to pet. Some of the carvings are, shall we say, anatomically correct but exaggerated, so let's just say I'm glad you were petting a lizard!

This may be our favorite, the monkey skulls with the lizard-serpent thing coming down. This whole place is a little dark, actually, but super cool, especially considering it is the side garden of a college dorm!

You seemed to have a good time back there today. You kept talking about the owls, the daddy owl and the baby owl. Something from George, I'm just guessing here... You got pretty excited about some of this stuff.
http://picasaweb.google.com/bhavener/StanfordBikeRide2/photo#5180731696495325378
Which is understandable, the place is kind of bizarre and intense.

This guy was making faces at you!

Back towards the car, we checked out one of the areas in front of the Rodin garden we've never been over to. This is called Sandstone, I think, and was done by somebody I wasn't familiar with but your mom says that's because I haven't taken Art History. Which is true.

I am familiar with Jerry Yang. I didn't, however, know he was getting a building on campus as well. Behold the "Environment and Energy" building in his co-honor.

Stanford is a place where you can feel anything is possible. In fact that must be a reality, as even NASA has decided to measure how much the gravity varies from the norm out here.

I rode home while you and mom drove over to LuLu's to pick up tacos and burritos for us. NUM. On my way home, I saw something in a driveway that I just had to stop and document, because I think it should be your third birthday present. Then for your fourth, we could put a motor in it. Check it out...

Anyway, it is late and I need to go to bed, because tomorrow we have to go outside first thing and see if The Bunny came and brought you anything. And then we're going to Buck's. And then we're going to the beach! Woah, I can't imagine having more fun with you and Momma than I had today, but tomorrow just might top it. We'll see what happens! Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment