Mar 16, 2008

Park, Park, another Park!

Almost three weeks without a post? What's wrong with these people? What have we been up to?!!?! Well, getting ready to move is hard work. AND we were sick for a couple weeks. Ugh... Rainy winter days, being sick, trying to get ready to move - not so much to blog about. This weekend, though, it was back to fun time!
From ParkDay

Today was Park Day. As in, we took you to a park. We went to a Farmer's Market. Then to another park! It was off the hook. Above, you can see that the new park up on Farm Hill Road has quite the view, of the surrounding mountains and the 280 highway. Mostly, though, we were in it for the mountains.

You were real brave to go down this big-kid steep slide. But you did it, over and over and over! You're getting to be such a big kid...

This new park is called 'Barkley Fields and Park', and now we know who Barkley is! Well, maybe not for real, but this big dog at the foot of the playground is named Barkley, and you sure liked him quite a bit. We pet him, and rode him, and played with him for a while between the slides and the swing. In fact, you promised me you'd take a rare picture looking at the camera and smiling, if you could sit on his nose. Done deal, Daddy said.

They also have lots of climb-y things at this park, you didn't climb up too high on this one (thankfully), but it was about this time Momma finally made it up the hill. See, we went to the park in Daddy's Blue Car, and Momma walked! Wow, it is about 500 vertical feet and well over a mile. Daddy wouldn't do something silly like that unless he was pushing his bike. Tee hee.

Anyway, after Momma joined us, it was time to put on the sunglasses and head to the next park. You really cracked this other mom up as we were getting things together to leave, and you exclaimed "Maya wants some chocolate soy milk!!" Done deal, Momma said, we had a sippy cup full of the stuff all ready for you. We are SO California.

I said you are getting big, right? Well these days you carry, put on, and take off your own sunglasses. Sometimes, it works out better than others.

Then it was off to the Menlo Park Farmer's Market. We didn't even know if they had it all 'winter' here, but sure enough they were there. Daddy snapped a picture of this little beauty in the parking lot. Start thinking about your 16th birthday!

You and Momma were having none of the Corvette, so you headed off to the market without me. Luckily, I was able to catch up!

Then I remembered my very favorite stand at this market, the guys who roast pistachio nuts in all kinds of different flavors. I picked cheddar and onion today. All of a sudden, you were very insistent on trying one... And you loved it! You had another and then another, and it must have made you happy because you let me take another picture of you looking at the camera and smiling! What a lucky day!

We thought we'd be sneaky, and take you up to the new park up in Portola Valley where Daddy rides his bike and Momma drives you around for naps. Then, the logic went, you'd fall asleep on the way home. In reality, not so much. We drove around, and drove around. We did Daddy's bike loop backwards, and got on the highway, and were pretty much looking for places to go. No nap for Maya. We gave up, I dropped Momma off at home, and you and I went to fill up with gas. On the way home, we spotted this beauty so I drove around the block to get a better picture.

Wow what a fun day! No pictures of this, but you have used your little potty twice today! Woo HOO! We're very proud of you. I should also make note of the puzzles... I took you to the toy store yesterday to spend a little of your allowance and Christmas money, because it had been a while since you've gotten new toys. We picked up a couple of wooden puzzles, and you are the master. Your 3D spatial relations are just off the chart. You don't actually pay one iota of attention to what is on the piece you are holding and where it may go in relation to the puzzle itself. But you can sure figure out where the shape fits lickety split! I'm a very proud Papa. You've got a little engineer in you for sure.

Anyway, right now you and your Momma are making an apple pie. Well, Momma is making an apple pie and you are helping by watching Dora on TV. What can we say, we've been outside all darned day and sometimes a kid needs a little Dora. Anyway, that means I need to go get some ice cream before the pie is done, so I'd better hit it. I sure had a fun weekend with you, now that it is 70 degrees and sunny and we can play in the parks again! Woo hoo! Ok, I promise to post more in the next few weeks. Kind of got away from me for a little while...

No comments:

Post a Comment