Apr 13, 2008

Long Sunday Walk

Today you and your mom took me for a walk around one of the routes you walk with Mary and Jack. Kind of, anyway. So we loaded up the camera too, and took off through Woodside Hills and over to the school there to play at the playground. I've noticed the last week or so that everything is just blooming like crazy around here. There are nice orange poppies everywhere.
From Take_A_Walk

That's why I wanted to take the camera in the first place, really. All the grass is so green but the flowers and trees are blooming and everything looks extra-nice. Little did I know I'd also get some car pictures too, like this old pickup we saw on the way.

I'm really going to miss the Redwood and big Fir trees, and especially the Eucalyptus trees. They have so much drama, with their smell and their peeling bark and their shooting branches, I wish we could bring some home. They get to be just a little big, though.

Even the palm trees look extra nice these days, and they don't really change at all through the year. Here are some really tall ones we saw.

Got to the school, and it was playtime! They had some nice equipment, and there was nobody else there. It was fun to have full reign of everything, especially the slide!

You ran around on the equipment for a long while, of course being your normal cute self the whole time.

You played hopscotch for a while, and we got some good pictures of that, but your mom is working on the colors now so I'll have to upload one of those later, I messed mine up. Ooops! Anyway, after that it was time for a little basketball, which you tried real hard to do until your mom came over and helped you slam-dunk it.

You are getting even more into running. Running and jumping especially. In this picture, you happened to be running in the shade, so there are no shadows to make it easy to see how high off the ground you are. So I'll tell you later you were getting like six feet of air. It may just be about 3/4 of an inch, though.

When you run, a lot of times you also make funny faces, yell, all manner of other things to let everyone know how excited you are to be running.

This one is my favorite, you are going like gangbusters in this one and you look like you mean business.

Your hair is getting so long, Mom keeps changing her mind between a bob cut, just trimming your bangs, or no cut at all though. In the meantime, you are getting some impressive pig tails and can even rock quite a pony tail now. I remember when you had the same haircut I did, with not much hair at all! Things sure have changed, you are such a little girl these days.

Anyway, time to walk back home. I'm still really digging on all the trees in full bloom and in so many shades of green. They just don't have trees like this back home. Again, something happened in the colors between the camera and my computer and uploading them here, I'll have to see if I can fix them (or more accurately have Mom fix them) and try again. Anyway, here you guys are walking up the street.

Mom spotted this trick Model A Ford on the way home, and paused to take this one herself. Sweet ride!

In other Maya news, you have taken to eating your cereal in the morning at the kitchen counter, standing on your stool. You stand on the stool a lot, usually just before you move it over beside Mom you declare "Maya found her stool!" even though you knew where it was all along. Then you make a big deal about picking it up, moving it to wherever Mom is, and planting it with a dramatic whoosh. Then up to the counter. It is at this point that you generally switch into Tip Toe Mode. You walk on your little toes a lot.

Here you are in your room, Mom put your tent up again and you have been pretty into it. You are also wearing a cute outfit Mom bought you. It has been really awesome having a whole stock of traveling baby clothes from the family, mostly from your cousins Emma, Owen, and Ella, but also from as far back as MY cousin Maggie. So it is a rare treat to rock some 'new' clothes, not that they stay looking new for very long around here!

And here's that new outfit from inside the tent.

Yesterday you were rocking your cowboy boots and pigtails, and you were loading up your Easter bucket with some things you needed to carry around: the rubber snake, 'Wild Oat's Mom' the horse, and some pepperonis from your pizza set. Not sure why you needed these things, but you most certainly did.

You have also been into the markers a lot lately. Not quite as into them as the paints, you really really do love to paint, but whenever we're hanging out in the office you usually demand at least three markers. Then you hold them up and shake them like conductor batons, singing 'a-five, six, seven and eight!' This, of course, is from Curious George, no surprise there.

Ah-ha! Mom is done postprocessing a few of these pictures, and they are up on her Flickr account over here. So now I can show you how cute you are when you're playing hopscotch.
Extreme Hopscotch
And here is a much better picture of you running across the school yard doing your thing, whatever that is...

Later I'll sneak into Mom's Flickr account and steal some more of her work. She does nice stuff with that Photoshop. But that's it for now. More posts to come - I haven't even talked about Tim and Amy's cookout last weekend, and lots of other stuff! By the way, we're going to Vegas in a couple weeks. Mom and I are taking you out there on a Sunday morning, and you and Mom are staying in Tuesday at which point I'll be doing my conference thing and you'll come back here. We're staying in a hotel with a shark aquarium and a wave pool, so I bet you're going to have a good old time there. Anyway, more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment