| From Twin Birthdays |
Lucy and Jack turned one, and Emma and Owen wanted to help throw them a pancake breakfast. We all drove down to see them, stayed over, and got to have birthday pancakes with the whole Leonard clan on Saturday morning! For the sheer number of pictures, I'll make the thumbnails small and the explanations quick. But it was a great weekend for sure. Owen had lots of new moves, of both the superhero and the dance variety. Honestly I'm not certain which type of move this was.
It was so fun to see the twins, they are getting so big so fast and they don't look like each other at all anymore. Jack is such a 'little' Owen, but perhaps even more so!
The breakfast itself was really something. We'd tried to prepare for what 25 people, at least half children, would be like. Definitely a little busy.
Jack and Lucy got the seats of honor, and got to eat them some pancakes - cooked up with chocolate chips and sprinkles no less! Jack, I believe, had about 40 of them before being cut off...
Meanwhile, you were checking out Emma's new big girl room, and wondering if you were going to get some wall stencils or anything cool like that.
The whole point of this picture was to get you standing by Jack, since the two of you happen to weigh the same! So remember that, at one point you weighed just as much as he did. It just happened to be when you were 3 and he was 1!
You and Owen had a good time playing together, it was really nice to see you two chasing each other around.
Oh yeah, and I forgot about Spiderman. Touch Spiderman's foot, and he does a dance. Owen knows the dance, and all the rest of Spidey's moves, very well. You really got into it, pressing the button and then doing the song (not knowing any of the words) and the moves (not really knowing them, either). That was pretty funny.
It wasn't all about parties, we also learned something from my genius sister. Oh this was brilliant... Her kids don't pick up toys, and they most certainly don't do a wonderful job looking beneath furniture for all those lost pieces. Oh no, they go on adventures! Adventures for treasure, complete with flashlights! You and Owen went all around the room looking for treasure, and you came back with quite a bit - we've got to start using this! I think you picked up more things in this 15 minutes than we've gotten you to pick up at home all winter!
You also loved the balls. That would be Lucy and Jack's balls, specifically... They are in a playpen, and if you would have found this earlier in the weekend I bet you would have slept there.
No, I take that back. You would have slept in the duck. The duck is Lucy and Jack's bath, all blown up and stashed away in Aunt Heidi's closet. Leave it to you to slip away from the party (you are a bit of a loner, after all), find a quiet closet to hide in, and find a duck in that closet. HEAVEN! So you were really digging on the duck.
It was such a great weekend! We spent most of Saturday playing with Jack and Lucy's new toys, and all of Emma and Owen's toys which were new to you. There were a bunch of things you liked a lot, of course. Other People's toys are awesome. But there was something at their house you didn't really play with much, but Owen and Emma (and Heidi and Sean) really like, something I think you'd like a lot too. We'll see, because I think we're getting one for Christmas if the three of us collectively have been good enough.
Wheeeee! I mean, Wii! Ooops. I can't wait till Christmas! Which is also when you'll see Emma and Owen again, and we'll be in Orlando which means Mickey's house, Grandma Suzanne and Grandpa Dale, bikes and a pool and an outside which is warm enough to enjoy all of them. Now that I really can't wait for!
No comments:
Post a Comment