Dec 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you!! Wow, 2 months. Ok, been kind of busy. We'll have to rename the blog in a few weeks, when your little sister shows up. For now, though, it remains all about you, just the way you like it!

Santa was good to you this year, as were the Grandparents and the parents and the aunts and uncles and everyone else. Seems like all we did for two days was open presents, and that was fine by us!

The above situation wasn't as frightening as it looks, though I think it makes for great Photo!

You are a lot better at opening presents this year. Had some good practice for your birthday, and now you're a real pro. Even presents almost as big as you! This is a fun Cat in the Hat game (it is fun to have fun but you HAVE to know how!), you are all about the Cat and the Grinch and Cindy Lou Who.

As presents were being opened, time to take a break and play with the only thing better with new presents - the bags and boxes the presents came in. Here, you are looking at me saying "DAD - you be the Daddy kitty and I'll be your daughter, Alice." First off, you boss me around in this manner nonstop. Seriously. Pretty much any time I'm with you, about every 1 to 5 minutes I get "DAD - you be the Grinch and I'll be the Grinch's daughter." or "DAD - you be Little Bear's Dad and I'll be Little Bear's Sister Alice." or "DAD - you be a cat and I'll be Maya The Fox From The Nature Museum." It is hilarious, but does wear me down after a while.
Break over, and back to the presents.

Grampy got a set of fake mustaches, a bit of a gag but you were keen to try them out.

Mission Accomplished.
Santa brought you this little Animal Hospital toy, it has locking doors and a few tiny stuffed animals to take care of and some medical accessories.

One of the accessories is a syringe. You've had a thing for syringes for a long time. So now I have to be careful because more than once I've find you coming at me like a ninja, syringe at the ready and mumbling something about slight fever, sore throat, this may pinch a little...


Anyway, it was a great Christmas and we got to see so many family and friends, but at the same time not nearly enough. So for everyone else out there who may see this, happy holidays! The new year will be bringing with it a lot of change, kicking right off with our new Baby Havener in a few weeks time. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. "Hi, Matt Hector."9:38 PM

    Thanks a ton, man. We just got back from Target (and other retail places) a few hours ago and Molly almost selected that Cat In The Hat game as we were swapping out duplicitous Hippo games.

    She chose a chess/checkers/backgammon game. Something tells me that we'll be investing in the CitH game after the next Havener-Hector Oak Park-based playdate.

    Well played, sir. Well played.

    ReplyDelete