May 6, 2010

Running Joke

There is a running joke at our house. Often, when you're being painfully cute, we'll tell you how we just want to eat you up. And then we give you a place we're going to start. Usually this is a small body part such as one of your toes, or perhaps your ear. You put on a painful, agonized, horrified expression, and exclaim "NOOO, you can't do that!" We ask why, and you always have a prefectly logical but hysterical reason. So yesterday, you had a couple doozies. So good, in fact, we had to re-create them for the sake of photos. You can't tell this story without the visuals...



Dad: "I'm going to eat one of your thumbs."
Maya: "NOOOOOOOOOO! You can't eat one of my thumbs! I need them both!!!"
Dad: "Why would you ever need both your thumbs?"
Maya: "If I only had one, and I went to do a double-thumbs-up, it would look like this!!!!"



And then, a few hours later, you knocked the cover off another one:



Mom: "I just want to nibble on your neck a little bit."
Maya: "NOOOOOOO! Not nibbles on my neck!!!"
Mom: "Why, what would happen if I nibbled on your neck?"
Maya: "Then I would be eating and the food would suddenly fall out!"



You are really, really, really, really something else.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment