Sep 9, 2006

The Dish













I'm getting behind again, and going out of order. Haven't even told you about Alice's Restaurant and the beach yet, but that will have to be later. Today, you and I went for a walk up to The Dish. Ask anyone who lives between San Francisco and San Jose and knows the 280 if they know what the dish is, and they will say "you mean The Dish"?

You can see it from the 280 as you go past the Stanford particle accelerator. I wish WE had a particle accelerator. I don't know what I'd do with one, but I bet it would be cool.



So as it turns out you can walk at The Dish, it is a nice wide paved path and it is a little surreal as you climb the hill through the long brown grass, getting closer and closer to the elusive Dish. You also get to see The Avalanche, which is what I call the fog that comes over the mountains pretty much every day.










We get closer and closer to The Dish, and also higher and higher up the hill. Further away from The Avalanche and the 280 traffic.

Finally, we make it to the destination. Something I see at least 5 times per week. I think you were generally unimpressed, but it made for some good pictures, and I'm really glad we went.









By the way, you ate PIZZA last night. May your life never be the same again... I don't know, it is hard to tell if you like it or not.

Ok, more later... Lots to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment