
This weekend we did lots of fun stuff, Miss Maya, we played and played and played, and we ran all over the place. Here's a quick recap of the weekend...

First of all, know that you really love books. LOVE books. You read them, we read them, you eat them and stand on them and pull them to pieces. You take them into the corner to read them, and you carry them around the house with you.

So the Redwood City Library just had the re-opening of their Kid's Room, and we went to check it out. FUN! You got to hear live music, which of course you love, and you got to run around and pick out new books (they haven't even been chewed on yet!) and got some cd's to bring home and listen to as well.

Oh yeah, and a little area to crawl around and play in too. What a score! You mean, I can take home this book, read it all I want, and bring it back... FOR FREE?!? Wow, I like this library thing.

Then we went to the park to swing... And swing and swing! You are so good at it too.

We watched some Backyardigans, so you sat on your stool, and I tried and tried to get your attention away from the TV, and you were finally like WHAT?!?! and I took this picture.

We played with your car/walker too, you like to scoot it around and cause accidents. Not serious ones, but if it isn't in a wall or upside down, well, it will be soon enough!

We played and played and played in your room, and of course you were really cute, as usual.

Today Daddy took a bike ride to look for a new baby-friendly park (found it!) and to check out a cemetery he has been talking about checking out since we got here.

The cemetery is very old, and has the graves of some Civil War soldiers and lots of Masons, from the mid and late 1800's. It wasn't creepy- it is hard to be creepy when you are right beside a busy road and in between apartment buildings - but it was still kind of heavy.

There were headstones there for babies, which is always sad. And these babies died more than 100 years ago! Which is pretty strange to think about. And when you are surrounded by graves, it is hard not to think about.

Lots of symbols on the headstones, too. Like I said, many Masons buried here, but also lots of Odd Fellows and Rebekahs. I didn't know what those were until today. When I got home we took a crash course.

Lots of other fun this weekend too, like you playing with your new truck we got at Toys'R'Us with the gift certificate from Grandma and Grandpa Havener,

taking you to Starbucks yesterday and Peet's today (you are always such a hit at the coffee shops), and we played with your blocks and in your tent and outside in the backyard and WHEW. I guess now I know why I'm so tired tonight! Another fun weekend in the burbs, wouldn't trade it for anything.


By the way, you walk more than you crawl now. When did that happen?!?! Oh, about yesterday. Wow, you are really growing up fast. A week ago I was trying to snap a picture anytime you were standing, it was such a new thing. And now you just stand there, walk around, get up on your own... Like you have been doing it all along. Quite amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment