
First of all, I couldn't resist including this first known picture of Maya surfing on her laptop. Tee hee. Yes, this is a piece of 'found' dead hardware, which has now become "Maya's First Laptop". It is not operational, so anything she does to it is, well, fully sanctioned. And she's having a fine time with it. Now, on with our show...

It was nice this weekend. We spent most of Saturday outside. Front yard, back yard, playground, it was a hoot. Here we see Maya sporting her new fancy shoes - pink and fuzzy and velcro-fastening. Sweeeeet...

Now we hear an airplane, so we need to stop what we're doing immediately to check it out. Ball or no ball, I gotta see me that airplane...

THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! I SEE THE PLANE!!!!

Oh yes, you're also starting to run. Not a lot, and not many consecutive steps before centers of gravity and rotational velocity and centripetal accelerations kick in and you end up butt (or face) down, but you are definitely running.

Why can't the weather just stay like this? I'm sure I won't score points with those At Home (i.e. Chicago, or heck up in San Francisco for that matter), but darn it we are used to our 75 degrees and sunshine, and I am not looking forward to winter. 50 degrees is pretty darned cold after you have been rocking the short sleeves for 9 months straight.
Anyway, Maya, another fun fun weekend. I'm supposed to do a post on all of your signs, and I will as soon as I have pictures to back them up. But so far here is your vocabulary, fairly extensive I think given that you can't even talk! But through the magic of sign language, you can (and do) currently say:
Cat, Dog (sometimes the same sign, but we're getting better!)
Milk
Eat, Food
Hot (you LOVE to say that one)
Airplane (you don't actually do the sign though, you just look and point and get excited)
Shoes (oh my gosh do you LOVE shoes)
Hat

Don't believe me? Here's you saying 'hot'. You can't see it in the frame, but we're passing Daddy's grill, which of course is 'hot' when it cooks the food. So you just wanted to let me know it may be 'hot'.
We think there are a few others you are using too, but we're not sure what they are yet. This is due to your mom's patience and tolerance with Rachael, the Signing Time lady. Frankly, Rachael is a little annoying if you aren't a 1-year old learning to talk with your hands. Kudos to mommy for sticking with it and letting you watch Rachael every day, I think I would have put a foot through the TV by now, but it is worth it when you can look up and tell us you are hungry. And, more often, that you see a cat or dog (or squirrel) and you'd like some shoes and they are probably hot as you have a hat and there goes an airplane!
No comments:
Post a Comment