Anyway, at the top level of the iPod folder, I found this picture. Me, Tree, and GMaya when all three of us were just kids. We were in Nashville to meet Owen for the first time, and Emma was just a little thing. I remember this trip because it was all about family and growing up. Grandma Maya was there, Emma was getting big, Owen was brand new, Tree and I had recently gotten engaged. Seems like a lifetime ago...
I miss my Grandma. I'm sorry you won't get to see her again, or I should say I can't believe you won't get to see her again. The last time we spoke, it was (in addition to thanking her for the Christmas presents, and her threatening that we'd better get her a picture of the three of us together) mostly about us moving back to Chicago this year, and how we'd see a lot more of her then. And I thought it would be great because you'd sit in her kitchen, in the same damn booth I sat in so many times over so many years, and she would probably make sure we were eating the entire time we were there. I just can't believe that's not going to happen.
I'm leaving for the airport in 8 hours. Go to bed Brian. I've been getting ready for this trip since 7pm, and I still have a lot to do. Thankfully, all the pictures on my iPod are now organized by year, my shoes have been shined, the suitcase has been packed 3 times and I probably still don't have the right stuff. I've gone into the kitchen to get extra batteries 4 times, and each time I come back with something new for my suitcase, but no batteries. I decided to finish packing tomorrow a couple hours ago, but I'm still not in bed because, well, I don't know why, other than I miss my Grandma and I'm not ready to make the long trip home to say goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment