When we left off, I hadn't even really gone to work yet. But the conference had started, so it was time to temporarily move into Disney's Dolphin hotel, for the LotusSphere conference. There were a few people there.

We had some time in the morning, so your Grandma Suzanne and Marsha took us to Downtown Disney. We walked around for a while, saw the sites, the usual things you do at Downtown Disney. You were having a REALLY good time with Marsha and Grandma Suzanne!

And what a good time we had at LegoLand! This made up for you falling asleep as we pulled up the night before. We found a Lego table that looked promising, and you had no problems settling in.

They had all kinds of displays up, like this dragon-serpent guy in the water, you really liked him.

And the dogs. This was the 'family' I got pictures of your mom in front of the night before. I don't think you even noticed the family, you just wanted to pet (and ride) the dogs.

We went back to Grandma's house that afternoon, and got in some hot tub time.

And after that, we video chatted with Emma and Owen and Aunt Heidi. Owen was coming down the next night, so we were pretty excited about that.

The next day, back to the Dolphin! We walked around for a little while, and showed you and your mom the boardwalk where daddy usually goes with colleagues and customers after his conferences. It was way more fun going down there with you.

Look, Daddy's work logo was even on a sign!

While I was doing conference stuff, you and your mom went out for ice cream, played at the playground, and had lots of fun without me.

That was my really long night, so I didn't see much of you at all. The next morning, though, you woke up early and ready to go!

I have to post this one, because it is the first time you and I ever sat down and read a paper together. We don't read a lot of papers, to tell the truth, mostly because of this whole Internet thing.

Finally, time to start your big play day with Owen! Grandma Suzanne, Marsha, and Owen came down to the hotel, and you guys swam and swam.

You also seemed to get along just fine. He played the role of older cousin really well, making sure you were ok.

You built some sand castles together, at one point even starting one on top of this poor seal. Luckily, that plan didn't last for very long.

Then we figured out how to make the seal shoot water out of his nose! That went on for a good long time.

You played at the playground for a while, that is to say you followed Owen around the playground for a while.

Even getting in some good slide action.

Later, back at the hotel room, we got cleaned up a little bit and you two bonded some more.

After that, Grandma and Marsha went shopping for Grandpa's birthday party, and Grandpa came down and took you guys golfing. Mini-golfing, that is.

And after that, you went back to their house and you tried Cheetos for the first time. Uh oh... We have lots of pictures of that few moments, especially you with your bright orange hands. Here you are turning your bright orange hands into a bright orange shirt!

Mmmm, Maya and Owen sure like them Cheetos.

Finally, time for the big event, Grandpa Dale's birthday party! Happy birthday Grandpa Dale!

You continued with the healthy eating, inhaling cupcake frosting as fast as you could get it in, on, and around your mouth.

And finished it all up with watching a movie with Owen. Awwwww...

At that point, we went back to the hotel and crashed. And I mean crashed. You fell asleep harder than I've ever seen you, in fact, you were snoring as loud as I do! It was really funny. And, as always, very cute. But darn, girl, you were sawing logs. We had to go to bed early, we got up around 5am Orlando time to head back to the airport.

And you were a real angel on the marathon 5 hour flight back to San Francisco. In fact, you even took a nap!

It was one heck of a vacation. Of course, we all kept thinking about how much better it would have been if Grandma Maya would have been there with us, but it was sure nice to see everyone, and have time to spend with them for a change. We're still completely exhausted, in fact you declared at 6pm California time that it was time to brush your teeth and go to bed. So you did. I'm posting these relatively few pictures, then I'm going to catch up on my emails until I can't see straight, and crash out myself. Anyway, I can't even begin to capture everything we did over the last several days. Riding bikes and golf carts, going to parks and playgrounds and LegoLand and resorts and beaches and pools and hot tubs and restaurants and golf courses and birthday parties, video chatting then building sand castles with your cousin Owen, it was really quite a weekend. No wonder I'm so beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment