Jan 5, 2008

Rainy Saturday

From Rainy Saturday

It was a rainy Saturday today. What the heck is a little Maya to do on a day like this? Well for starters, we took down the Christmas lights, the tree, and even Santa. You gave him a kiss and a big hug before we put him away.

You tried some of Daddy's tech on for size, I do believe this is the first time you've encountered Bluetooth. I spared you the overview, and let you just pretend to be talking on it.

Eventually, though, we got a little bored and had to get crazy.

And for most of the day, we were content to watch the rain come down.

But you and I also ran errands, we went to Fry's for a while, and I let you take me on a walk up and down the aisles - it isn't like we're going to the park or talking a walk around the block in a storm like this. And down in Palo Alto it wasn't raining so hard when we got to the store and you had a blast trying to catch raindrops on your tongue. I happened to have my little camera in my pocket, and think I got a couple decent pictures of that. But I'll have to post them later. Anyway, so for a long while I let you lead me wherever you wanted to go, and we covered a lot of Electronics Ground today! No surprise, you were very attracted to the TV section. I like hanging out with you, it was a blast. We also got our tickets to go see Grandma Suzanne and Grandpa Dale, among others, in Orlando in a few weeks!

We were in your room having quiet time, and while you got my nap hopes up by climbing in and out of your big girl bed, I thought I'd grab some pics to show off how big you're getting.

No more crib for this one! She can get in and out of bed whenever she wants . Unfortunately, today you were more interested than getting in and out of it than you were in taking a nap in it, but we had some nice quiet time anyway.

For the last few days we've been teaching you how to stretch. When we stretch our arms we put them up and say "one... two... three... REEEEEELAAAAAAAXXXXXX!" You are way better at the relax part than you are the stretch part. You're such a good little Havener.

But just as soon as you'd give me a glimmer of hope, a yawn or an eye rub, it was back out of bed to make even more of a mess and somehow spread even more chaos throughout your room.

By the way, make sure to thank your Grandma Maya for that white monkey, you carry him everywhere. Even to bed when you are going to not take a nap!

Anyway, that's it for now. You seem to be taking the departure of Christmas lights pretty well, but you do keep asking for the Grinch and we're trying to gently pry you away from that one. We're sad to see the tree go, but are very glad to get the extra space back! Tomorrow is another day, probably rainy.

No comments:

Post a Comment