Feb 12, 2008

All Days are not Paradise

 

I went in to check on you before bed, and as usual you'd taken your pajamas off. You turned on the lamp in your room, also as usual, because you are afraid of the dark. I'm not convinced you are actually afraid of the dark - you already have three nightlights going including the Blue Man you sleep with, it is bright enough to read a book. But Curious George was afraid of the dark, and as George goes, Maya goes. This is not unusual, in fact this picture wasn't from tonight, it was from several days ago. Tonight, though, your momma put your jammies on 3 times, and each time you took 'em right back off. And when I went to check on you, you'd gotten out of bed and put your red shoes. And you had your little doggie purse on your arm. Otherwise, you looked exactly like this. And it was pretty darned cute.

You were a real pain in the butt today. You started off screaming at me, and saying you didn't like Daddy anymore. I was grateful to escape from work, but I knew your momma was in for a long one. It is a good thing you napped, because tonight you were back to your cute angel self. Whew.

Tonight was Mexican Monday, so I picked up Lu Lu's and you gorged yourself on chicken tacos, beans and rice, and guacamole and chips. One of your favorite meals of all. I guess pitching fits all day builds up an appetite!

I haven't even gotten to look at all the pictures from the weekend yet, but it sure was fun to take you sledding. That's one thing (the only thing?) I'm looking forward to in our first Chicago Winter in a long time. Last time I looked at this blog, the weather widgets said 'Redwood City - 67 and mostly sunny' and 'Chicago - 10 and dreary.' Dreary? Ugh...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment