Mar 30, 2008

Easter Egg Hunting

Yeah, so I'm a little late in posting this one, it has been a long couple weeks. Daddy is going to Las Vegas tomorrow for work, so we've been running around having Family Time and loving it. So I'm a little behind here, but better late than never right? Last weekend was Easter, and the Easter Bunny came to our house! In the morning we went outside to see if he hid any eggs for you.
From Easter Egg Hunt

There's one! Luckily the Bunny hid all the eggs on the back porch, so they were pretty easy to get to. You took great delight in shaking each one you found, and realizing they had money and candy in them.

Another one! Woo HOO! That bunny was right outside our back door! Holy cow, I'm surprised we didn't hear him in the night!

And another one! Here it is Dad! Again with the shaking, a long 'oooooh', and speculation as to if it has money, or candy, or both. Ooooooooo!

Finally, time to head inside and check out the booty. Just for the record, we didn't find one of the bunny's eggs, so it sat outside until sometime during the week when you found it. I'm glad nobody found it and stole your nickels and dimes - which, by the way, you call 'quarters'. All change is quarters. Even pennies. At this rate, you must be rich with all the quarters you've found!

The jelly beans start to disappear in mass quantities.

That one has a whole dollar in it! The piggy bank (Piggy) is going to be awfully full after today!

It appears as though you are so well behaved, you will even offer to share chocolate - and you love chocolate! Really, though, you hold it out, say "Want some dad?" and then rescind that offer quickly in order to eat it yourself. You stinker!

Here is a good one - money AND candy! While eating chocolate. I think you would call this a Trifecta! If you knew what that meant. Now for a change of scenery, up to the dining table to go through your Easter Basket!

You got a bunny slinky, some bug stickers, and more candy! A little bowling game, jelly beans, some Milanos which are pretty good, a Pez dispenser, that bunny hooked you up!

I don't know exactly what you are thinking here, but I'll bet it has to do with getting an adult with scissors over to you pronto, because that box isn't going to remain sealed for very long!

After eating a good bit of candy, time for one of your favorite things of all - putting money in your piggy bank!!

And then time for your second favorite thing of all... Eating candy!!

I think you like this Easter thing all right. Checking out your Elmo book (that bunny is smart - that's the same book Maya really really wanted at the store the other day!), eating more beans. Mmmmm, jelly beans!

This one was kind of a trick egg - gotta open it up on a table! It was filled with chocolate chips, which after jelly beans, Madeleine cookies, fresh clean burp clothes, and puzzles are probably your favorite things ever.

It was a lot of fun hunting eggs and eating candy with you! I remember when your Aunt Heidi and I did our Easter Egg hunt one year, and Heidi was even younger than you were. And Heidi and I got pretty excited about it. It was fun to see the same sense of excitement come out in you. Every time you found an egg, you did something like this:

And you definitely got excited about eating that candy! Anyway, time to pack for Vegas. I'm glad you got lots of candy and found all the eggs, and I'll sure miss you while I'm traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment