![]() |
| From Flying and Driving |
First off, I was happy to get back from Vegas, and I missed you. I almost took you with me, quite by accident, because when I was getting ready to leave it would have been easy to notice my suitcase was just a little heavier than usual!

So today we went back to Barkley park, and I brought your kite just in case it was windy. And lo and behold, it was windy! At least windy enough to try to get your little box kite up in the air...

Then it was time to do some swinging and laughing.

You are getting really good at laughing, and Daddy is getting really good at grabbing your feet when you swing by.

Finally, on to the slides! You are getting better about the slide now that the memories of the waxed slide are starting to fade. So we're having fun on the slides again!

We slid and slid and slid, and then we slid again.

And then, well, and then it was time to go home because somebody forgot to bring you a change of pampers. D'oh! When we got to Maya's House, though, we had to stay out in the driveway for a while because it was your turn to drive.

Your mom reported this same behavior once last week, you insisting on getting in the front seat and pretending to drive. And every once in a while, you did pretend to drive:

What you were more focused on, however, was pushing buttons. Pulling levers. Flipping switches. And, at least 5000 times, honking the horn.

You are also very good about looking both ways for cars before you pull out, thankfully...

But I also think we should get you a phone book or something, I don't think you are quite tall enough to see over the hood yet.

Anyway, that was that. Tonight we're going up to the city to see Tim and Amy and Josh and Stephanie and Peter and Olive and I don't know who else, but it'll be fun. And we're cooking out, just like the old days! Well not just like the old days. The old old days we got started at 9pm and had lots and lots of wine - this time we're starting at 6pm and will have almost as many kids as adults! But it'll be nice to see everyone. Now if we could just convince you to lay down and take a nap...

No comments:
Post a Comment