| From ScooterTime |
It is a Sponge Bob scooter (or should we say "Bob Bob" even though you don't call him that anymore?) and it is quite cute. It even has a little bag on the handlebars for your stuff!
So back to Barkley Park we went, this time with your scooter, to give it a try.
Let's face it, you don't get the concept yet. But you do a great job of standing on it with both feet, waiting for someone to push you! And you are very insistent on wearing your helmet, which makes me so happy I could melt. In fact, you even insisted on wearing your helmet in the car on the way to the park, and I've got no problem with that. If it was a little cooler we could both wear helmets everywhere we went. We'd both be a lot better off I think.
Anyway, after a while of waiting to be pushed around, and being pushed around, and being shown and told how to do the scooter, and a little while longer of being pushed around, it was time to ditch the helmet and the scooter, and hit the playground.
We ran around for a while. I took this picture because one of my favorite Eucalyptus trees of all is right on the side of the playground, and I wanted a picture of you with it. I keep telling you to remember and appreciate these big trees, because the tallest tree you're going to see in Illinois is about 80 feet shorter than this.
When we started playing on the equipment I realized something - your little friend Will, his dad, and his sister were playing at the park too! Will tried to show you how to use the scooter. You had a meltdown. Will was terrified, and got off the scooter about as fast as humanly possible. You still have a lot to learn about sharing, although I've got to say that most of the time you are way better than all the other kids. But you sure scared the heck out of poor little Will today. Time to go climb some ladders.
You are a good little climber, and you are also careful enough that I don't feel like we need to make you wear your helmet. Whew.
Running around, playing on the equipment, riding your scooter, it was a good day that's for sure. About the only thing left to do was hit the swings!
You really crack me up with the swinging. You made me do about two thousand underdogs (running under the swing), and laughed your head off the whole time. What a little cutie. At this point, though, it was getting impossible to notice your little lobster face, the sun was out and it was hot so it was time to head home.
Tomorrow we're a little torn between Bay To Breakers (and the Million Pirate March!) and going back to the beach. At dinner we asked you "Maya, tomorrow do you want to go to a parade and see a bunch of pirates, or do you want to go to the beach and play in the sand?" and without missing a beat you replied "How about we go to the beach with the pirates??" I love you so much. We'll probably do the beach, because you've been to Bay To Breakers twice already (though you loved it both times) and your mom says she's over it. We'll see, but whatever we do, I bet it'll be fun and I bet I'll take a few pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment