May 14, 2008

More Hanging Out Pictures

More from Mother's Day... This set was all about hanging out in the backyard and playing with stuff. You and I played with the water table, including a spirited game of 'Sink or Float' with pretty much everything you could find, we played with the wagon and the car and the watering cans and a lot of other stuff along the way.

Here's the full album, including a bunch of shots I'm not going to post here. I know this is awful, but I love shots of you picking your nose, because you have no shame about it whatsoever...
From Moms Day

And here is a slide show - if you want to look through the pictures quick and don't want to read, just click on the picture below to play through all the photos uploaded to the gallery.

Anyway, we started out doing what we always do if there are no fountains to throw pennies into... We added to your impressive rock collection! Here's a real beauty you found in the, um, in the rock garden. Nice find!

But a rock collection alone wouldn't hold your interest for long, oh no, we had to collect sticks too. You are really good at collecting sticks!

You also collected shoes (at least mom's shoes), and for a second it looked like you wanted to collect me!!

With mom's shoes on over the top of your shoes, it was time to explore the front yard. Oh, no, actually, it was time to go fishing in the front yard! Your times in Orlando going fishing at Grandma Suzanne and Grandpa Dale's must have sunk in, because you love going fishing in the yard with your sticks!

For a while, you pretended this cherry was a fish you caught, and that you were going to eat it like sushi.

Then it was time to patrol the backyard on your motorcycle.

Finally, time for water table! You really really really love water. But having the water table isn't enough, you aren't really satisfied unless you are putting more water in the water table, even if it is already full...

Then it was time for a long game of 'Sink or Float'. This is a pretty simple game, really. You go find something, preferably from inside the house or some other clean dry zone, and you ask me if I think it will sink or float. No matter what I say, you disagree with me. And then we test the theory.

Even when I'm pretty sure something is going to sink, you absolutely must take the opposite opinion and insist it is going to float. Sweetie pie, I can pretty much guarantee you that this one is not going to float!

Amazingly, the rocks are 100% sink. The plastics were almost 100% float, but some of them sank if you tried hard enough. And many times, you tried more than hard enough.

After determining if the object of interest would sink or float, it was time for a new object. Would you look for something in the backyard? Oh no, the next thing MUST be procured from inside the house, particularly as we got wetter and messier. So I let you go find things to determine their sinkability or their float factor...

It was getting pretty crowded in that water table! We had to remove the fireman's hat, the giant Pooh and Tigger ball, and a few other large-scale items to make room for the rest of the rocks, toy silverware, toy hamburger buns, utensils, and everything else you needed to find out - "Sink or Float"!

Finally, I was able to spy on you from outside the house, and find out the source for most of your non-rock booty. I think we've pinned down the reason that most of the non-rock items were made of plastic! You were raiding your kitchen toy box...

What a bunch of fun! But we made a heck of a mess, too... No use crying over spilled water!

It was such a packed weekend, it took me until Wednesday night just to write about most of it! But it was a fun Mother's Day, and you are more and more fun every day. Except when you're being a pain in the butt. But seriously, you are a good kid and I have fun with you every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment