Mostly on the peninsula, really, but I did get up to the city a couple times, and it always strikes me how the architecture and everything there just couldn't really exist anywhere else, like you it is completely unique.
Anyway, after a few weeks it was time to get home, so I left the bay area and headed back to Chicago.
And as soon as I'd landed (ok, it was the next night really) we were headed out on the town. We got to pick up Peat at the airport. He was in town for a gallery opening of his work, and we picked up John, dropped off Peat's bag, and headed over to your first opening!
You and Peat started hamming it up right away - if it hadn't been Peat's show (or 1/3 Peat's show!), you guys probably would have gotten us thrown out of the place.
This show was all about the Eyez. I like the Eyez. And red, of course, is your favorite color. So you gravitated to this one. I like this one a lot. And red is your favorite color! Hmmm...
In this one, Peat is in the background trying to do some bizness, you are still checking out all the eyes in the Eyez, and at this point you are voraciously wolfing down a cookie as if we never fed you anything at all. Man that was one good cookie.
It was fun, taking you to your first opening. And it was great to see Peat, he used to work with your mom and he and his lady are really nice. In fact, she made you that red stocking hat you STILL wear - remember that?
Anyway, today we dropped your mom off at the airport for her little vacation, and now I'm daddysitting. We had a fun day today, but I'll have to write about it later because you are in the tubby and stopped responding when I yell 'Marco!'... But I'll post more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment