Jun 1, 2009

Maya-Daddy Bike

Hmm, not so good about posting this month are we?? A lot has happened, as usual... We have been to Taylorville to see family, we've been out and about, we've been getting ready for summertime and all that comes with it - pool passes, yard work, hopefully going to the beach!

Right now, though, you are one sick kid. This weekend we saw Grandma Suzanne, Grammy Ellen, went to a 4-year-old birthday party, and somewhere along there you picked up a stomach bug and haven't been able to hold down any water or food for about 24 hours. I'm hoping we're through the worst of it, but we'll see.

I have lots of pictures from lots of stuff, but the thing you are most excited about this week (even more excited than the Mega-Water Park-Resort we're hoping to take you to this week if you stop being sick) is the green bike.



I built up this bike from a frame Grandpa Dale bought in San Francisco, plus a hodgepodge of parts and components from several bikes through the years. I love the irony of a very heavy rigid steel frame combined with lightweight XTR mountain bike components. You only care that it is 'our' bike, the seat on the back meaning if this bike gets out of the garage, you expect to be riding on it! And ride on it we have...



The first place you wanted to go was 'the curved bridge over the road'. This, of course, means the pedestrian bridge over the highway and train tracks, where you love to go look at the traffic coming in/out of the city.



Last time we took a ride, you saw this cat hanging out on her roof! You thought it was the craziest thing ever, and kept yelling at her to 'get down from there' but she didn't pay any attention.



Anyway, so with the bike has come two new parks. Fox Park, nice and close to our house, is brand spanking new just having opened last week. We've been watching them build it all fall and spring. However, now that we've got the bike you have experienced the equally-new but much further away Longfellow Park, and now all the other parks are dead to you. Sand, water features, and almost all the equipment is perfectly Maya-sized. We've been over there the last two times we've left the house, and it is all you're interested in now. Just wait until you see this mega-water park!!

I need to get back upstairs and make sure you're ok. I hope you get better very very soon, and in the meantime, I'll try to get caught up on all of our comings and goings!

No comments:

Post a Comment