
Maya gets an upgrade in the bike department, a new tandem trailer! She's quite proud of herself, and hardly nervous other than when we're leaning into a corner. A couple rides in and she's definitely liking it.
Need to update some Violet photos on the blog, the little bugger is eating (everything she can get her hands on), crawling, and trying hard to get the standing up thing going. We'll work on that. Heck, I still need to upload some vacation pictures from California!
So this is a bit of a non-update, but I did want to note the new bike trailer. Maya, on our first ride around the neighborhood we passed a lady walking her dog and you exclaimed "Hey, that person saw me - I bet she thinks I'm like six years old!" You are very impressed with yourself.
Also, we reward Maya with good behavior by keeping a grid of checkboxes - do something proactively good, get a checkmark. Fill the grid with checkmarks, and a toy is the reward. You are being pretty good lately, sometimes. Anyway, this week you made *your mom* a check sheet, and declared you would give her a check mark if she did something good, and an 'x' if she did something bad. I saw there was one of each on her sheet today, and when I asked you why you said she gets an X because she yells at you sometimes. And I would get an X too, because I yell at you sometimes!

Nice trailer! Way to go big girl!
ReplyDeleteMy kids made me a sticker chart too, and when I upset them, they say, "No sticker for you mommy!"
I poked her in the eye (by accident) the other day, and as she started to cry she said, "you get an X for that MOM!"
ReplyDelete