OK baby, this has gone on long enough. We're ready for you, so you can go ahead and show up any old time. While we're waiting, let me fill you in on more background info... Let's start with my side of the family. As you'll see, families are complicated little trees with branches going all over the place. But they have one thing in common. They all love you, Baby Havener!!
These are your cousins, Emma and Owen. They are both cuties, and Emma can't wait to meet you. Owen doesn't really know about you, cause he's just a baby. But I bet you will get along fine with your cousins. Emma doesn't understand why we don't know if you are a boy or a girl, but it is because mommy wants to be suprised. Emma told her mom the other day that she would want to know if it was going to be a girl or a boy, so she would know if all that work was going to be worth it!
This is my sister Heidi, who is mommy to Owen and Emma. Heidi is my baby sister, and I bet someday you'll see what it means to have a baby brother or sister. We have a very special relationship, do Heidi and I, on account of her terrorizing our family when she was little, and me terrorizing everyone she dated when she was a teenager. This picture of Heidi and I was taken on the day your mom and I got married, which is right now the biggest day in my life. I say right now, because I'm betting your birthday will be the biggest day in my life, real soon. Anyway, back to Heidi... Heidi, Sean, Emma, and Owen live ALLLLLL the way on the other side of the country, in a strange land called "New Jersey". But let me tell you, baby, it isn't so very new. When you are around we'll try to impress upon you how very far away it is, but let me assure you that even though they are very far away they are VERY interested in you, and really just can't wait to meet you. I don't know if you will call her Aunt Heidi, but that's what she is and she just can't wait to be an Aunt.
Aunt Heidi is also quite a little picture-taker. We used to poke fun at her because of all the pictures she takes of your cousins. Picture, picture, picture, picture. But now you're coming along, and we're starting to understand. She wants us to take pictures of you, so she can see what you are up to the way we've been able to see Owen and Emma, even though they live so far away. Isn't your Aunt Heidi cute? She'll be one of your favorite aunts, I bet!So that's just a small part of your family on your Dad's side... We'll get to your Grandparents and all of their brothers and sisters later, because that is going to take an entry all of their own. They are VERY important, because they are going to spoil you absolutely rotten. And that will only cover your Dad's side of the family - then we're going to have to do another full review of your Mom's side, becase they are just as excited to meet you and love you and spoil you rotten, as well. So there.
And just because she is SOOO cute, here is another picture of your mom. I like her a lot, and you will too. That day we were on Mount Tamalpias, but we call it Mount Tam because that's easier. If the fog wasn't there, you'd see the ocean. But here you'll see a lot of fog. And your mom, all smiley, because that's the way she is.OK baby, more on your family and friends soon. There's a lot to cover, so you'd better get here soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment