Jul 30, 2007

Quick update

They don't ALL have to be photo posts, right? But I'll sneak a few pics in anyway, and link you to my new-ish Web Gallery which is growing pretty quickly.

Besides, the camera is on its way, and it will be our first SLR (Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy), and I'm sure we'll take lots of pictures to break it in.

So, perhaps a quick update is in order because you're advancing at an alarming rate. Can't keep up with all your new vocabulary. You are talking up a storm - remember when you couldn't talk at all? My goodness. Not all of your words are good ones - when you fart you say "Maya farted! Daddy farted too..." And just for the record - no I did not. And I think you heard the word 'liquor store' exactly once (so what if your mom and dad wanted to have a mango margarita one night), and held on to it for about a week before repeating it 30 times in the middle of Whole Foods. Very loudly. Yes, you do like to screw with mom and dad.

You have a few favorite toys, which are your two beloved Thomas The Train and 'Tigger's House' which you got from your Grampy when he came to see you. Tigger's House is the current obsession, you play with it about every ten minutes and you like to take your toy dinosaur, stick his head through the window, and yell 'iiiiiiice creeeeeeeeam'! You also got a motorcycle. I can't believe we don't have pictures of you on it yet. It is a red plastic motorcycle just begging to get pimped, and I promise we'll get to that. You alternate calling it your "bike" and your "moorcycle" depending on what you want to do with it. Mostly, though, you want someone to push you, really fast. I think this is going to be a trend.

The crocs you got from your Grandma Suzanne are still a nearly-constant fixture, but you are starting to change your shoes (or demand help in changing them) on a whim or based on fashion. You have your sneaks, you have your chucks, you have your jane-janes, and of course your boots (that would be the crocs). The crocs are definitely still the favorite, if we super-glued you into them you'd only notice when you wore your black t-shirt and needed your black chucks.


You also really really love hats. I know I've talked about that before, but usually before you go to bed you have to wear every hat in your room. The last few days you've been wearing your mom's stocking hat pretty much constantly, and a fit ensues if someone suggests you might want to take it off. And you even color-match:


Today you went to gymnastics class. 40 minutes of all the trampoline, ramps and monkey bars you could handle. I think you liked it a lot, the word 'tramphooleen' came out about 139 times tonight, and this morning you didn't even know what a tramphooleen was!

This weekend our friend Sal was in town, and you got to spend some time with him. We went to the Embarcadero Farmer's Market (you've been there several times), down to Baker Beach, all over the place. You took quite a liking to him. When your mom came back from her run on Sunday, she opened up the door and you yelled "Unkee Sal?!"

Tomorrow we have family night to celebrate mom and dad's fourth anniversary, and we're going out to dinner in the city! I even get to leave work early, and we'll have a good time. And hopefully on Wednesday the camera will be here - woohoo! Someday, remind us to tell you how blindingly cute you've been this summer, I can't believe how much stuff you can do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment