Anyway, we also went to Stanford, to the Rodin Sculpture Garden. I thought you'd have a really good time running around with the sculptures, they are large and metal and, well, I thought you'd really like them.

What you really liked, as it turns out, was the ground all around the garden. Kind of a fine gravel/sand combination, you were so into it that I'm not sure you even noticed the statues!

You do tend to be really focused when it comes to getting dirty, that's for sure.

Maya, you are getting too big too fast, but more too the point too smart too fast... Remember when we were counting how many words you knew? Now we could count how many verbs you can conjugate. You speak in complete sentences. I told someone that and they responded 'yeah like what' and I pulled out "Go to Santa Cruz in Daddy's blue car tomorrow?" Tonight it was "Go to the zoo with Peter Litwin and see the monkeys?" Yeah, you are smart. You are also understanding a lot of context. Using words in context that you shouldn't even know. Like dammit... That one was my fault. Sorry, mommy!! We're trying to turn that one to 'darnit' before your mother has a heart attack, because today it was your favorite word of all.
Quick Maya story. Maya and Tree are up on a hill, in a park, by the bay. The Morton Salt Flats lie below. Maya sees them and says "Take Maya sledding?". Tree said "No, sweetie, that's salt down there - you sled on snow, not salt" to which Maya replied "Take Maya sledding on the salt?" "No, sweetie, you have to wait until there's snow to go sledding."
Maya's response:
"DAMMIT"
I love you Little Bean, sometimes you just make me so proud.
Anyway, remember that farmer's market? Here's one for the ages... You and Daddy having fun in Mountain View.

No comments:
Post a Comment