Nov 16, 2007

You Wanna Walk Around the Block?

Maya says "You wanna walk around the block?" This means Maya wants to take a walk. You still haven't gotten the "I" thing vs. the "you" thing. I don't feel the need to press it, as far as verbal communication goes I think you're pretty well ahead of the curve. Conjugating verbs and speaking in complete sentences at two and all. So, anyway, we're going to take a walk around the block.
From WalkAroundTheBlock

You don't get a lot of candy. Really, I'm not kidding, your momma is seriously trying to do you up right. But every once in a while there is an exception, and these are big events. So there was no question we were bringing "The lollipop, Maya's lollipop, Maya's red lollipop" along with us on our journey.

Look both ways at the corner before we cross the street! And, once again, you really really love the deer in that nice lady's yard, we have to stop and say hello and goodbye to them every time we walk around the block.

Your momma's stocking hat is finally coming back in season, not that it matters because you must wear it every week or so regardless of the temperature.

About 4/5 of the way around the block we enter The Jump Zone. I'm glad you don't jump while we're going up or down any hills, but you can always be counted on for some good jumps right in this section of the walk.

I have a bunch more pictures of you with the lollipop in the gallery, but I'll end with a non-lolli picture just to record the fact that California does INDEED see leaves change color in the fall. Just not so many of them. And that sometimes you are very serious.

You have had a busy week and so has your daddy. You and momma went to the zoo again today with Stephanie and Peter and Ahwlive (Olive), you have been going up there a bunch lately. I heard you saw a grizzly bear catch and eat a fish, which is pretty darn cool, and were just a few feet away from a big daddy lion. You've started to sing songs (well, one song - This Old Man) with us as well as to us, which is pretty cute because your sense of tone is about 3% developed. But you're really into it. Now can we please start picking a different song?

No comments:

Post a Comment