Dec 8, 2007

You Wanna be a Cowgirl?

That would mean, of course, that Maya wants to put on her cowgirl costume.
From Walk Like a Cowgirl

Funny thing that... Once it is on, it doesn't seem to come off very easily. So when we took our walk tonight to go see Christmas lights, it had to stay on. But we put you in a hoodie too, so you looked pretty funny (in a cute way of course)... Your momma grabbed you and I managed to snap a picture while you were both looking at the camera!

You were really good at looking at the camera, for about two seconds.

I gotta tell you, when you go running down the sidewalk, little head bouncing back and forth and your knees up and everything, sometimes I can barely stand it.

And the whole time, you looked very serious in your outfit.

Unrelated to tonight's walk, but just to catch you up on a couple of things. Winter has hit here in The Valley. This means 'cold' (tonight it is in the 40's, and we're freezing) and rainy. So you got a new blue raincoat, and yesterday you got to go play in the puddles. You like playing in the puddles!

Also, from the 'write about it so we don't forget about it files' here's a little bit about Frozen Beef. The first time (heck, the first 20 times) you asked for Frozen Beef, we didn't know what the heck was going on. Then you spelled it out a little more - Maggie and the Frozen Beef. Ahhhhhhh!!! There is a show you like (at least now we know you like it). It is called Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. They look something like this:

Anyway, so now when you say "Wanna watch frozen beef" we know exactly what you're talking about.

And on that note... I hope we never forget about "Dohl!!!!" At least I think that's how you spell it. You see, before you could really talk you learned the signs. And you were REALLY good with the signs. You still know about 100 of them, maybe more. Anyway, you also really liked doing the sign for cold (putting your fists in front of you and shaking them as if you were shivering) and hot (kind of like blowing a kiss while exhaling). And when you did 'cold', you would also try to SAY cold... Very forcefully, and with a quivering voice again like you were shivering. And of course you didn't pronounce it right, making it even cuter.

The only way I can really describe it is like an old really cheesy kung-fu movie with a bad overdub. You would hold your fists out shaking them, mouth all twisted up and a very loud "DOOOOOOLH!!!!" Why do I not have that on video? Precious...

So many memories. Too bad you are getting so smart so fast. In fact, I don't think The Christmas Dog (aka "Rudolph the Christmas Dog, He Looks Up And Down the Street Both Ways for Cars") is the Christmas dog anymore, I'm pretty sure he's just plain Rudolph. Sad, that was a really funny one. Tonight you saw Frosty, and you saw a polar bear, and candy canes, and lollipops. When you saw the lollipops, of course you said "Maya can eat 'em! Mmmmmmmmmmmm... That's reawlly good!"

Ok, I'm going to go watch some Frozen Beef. You sure are a cutie...

No comments:

Post a Comment