Feb 5, 2008

Rocking and, um, Glamming

You have got to be kidding me...
From 80s Rock Star

I know the headband, and you wear it (sometimes as a belt) anytime you can get your hands on it. But where did you get this shirt, and how did you put the outfit together? This would be called, um, Glamming? Where are your leg warmers?

And just like your mom and dad, you can sure look serious when you need to.
I almost titled this post 'How To Take Better Pictures'. Because I've discovered the secret...

Just after dinner you decided you wanted to bring your keyboards to the living room, so you could play along to the music (you love rocking out, especially when the Sippy Cups are involved). We're all about letting you rock out to music, and as you got to the microphone I picked up the new camera, turned it on, and started snapping pictures.

I wish you still had your outfit from earlier today on! Anyway, I'm pretty sure your mom was taking pictures of something completely different, like food pictures of something she made you for lunch to use over on her blog. No idea. But your 10 second attention span does not generally allow much time for adjustments. You've gotta be quick on the draw.

So you're in your jammies, belting out some Sippy Song or another (you have taken to yelling "SING IT Sippy Paul!" at appropriate times, causing us to sometimes fall on the ground laughing)...

And though the pictures don't really convey your exuberance for having a microphone to your lips, they do a really nice job of bringing out your tiny fingers and the way your perfect little nose and the way your curly hair flops around and how intent you are on singing along and how fuzzy and cute you look in those little sheep jammies. Just some of the things I love about you.

It was a nice mini-concert you treated us to, and I'm really lucky to have such skills with that new camera that I can grab these shots with no hesitation. All it takes to be a better photographer is to pick up the camera after your mom uses it!

But really, you are the cutest thing ever. Tomorrow you're going to take a walk with your mom and vote. Well YOU aren't going to vote, I don't think, but you'll probably give your mom some help in deciding. You'll also go to Spanish class. "How do you say Hello in Spanish Maya?".... "Hello in Spanish!"

You took a long time to fall asleep tonight, so hopefully you'll sleep in! Your mom was busy with her book covers, and daddy was learning how to make something called a revenue model for something called a business case tonight, so we both worked hard after you went to bed. Luckily, you serenaded us with monologues (and conversations) from Curious George and some of your books. No coming to the door tonight and saying "Looks like somebody is hiding back there!" which I think is from a George episode. Most of your best material comes from George these days, including a decent Boston accent and doing frog calls. THANKS George!

No comments:

Post a Comment