
You moved swiftly to your table to do what needed to be done. Whatever that was... A mixing bowl. Some of your wooden pepperoni from the pizza set Aunt Gina bought you. Some plastic rice from the sushi set...

Honestly, I have no idea what you're doing now, but take a look at your cheeks.

You are the funniest kid I ever met. But I am way behind on posting, and here it is the night before we leave for Chicago. And I have to get up and showered before my 6am web meeting with people in Germany. Let alone needing to be packed and organized. Yuck. Anyway, so I'm not going to get into how darn funny you were today. We hung out all day long, you and your mom and I, and we went to the back yard and the bookstore and we got things together and packed. You got this book, this very richly illustrated mystery book filled with animals - it is only a few pages long. You love this book, or should I say you love the page when the inspector and his assistant (both mice) are in the candy store (managed by Mrs. Floss the alligator) and they are surrounded by candy. You love that candy. A licorice stick, a chocolate, a 'candy ball', you go through the store in your mind and you ask Mrs. Floss for a piece of everything, and you eat it. You are a riot. There are little candy balls wrapped in foil, which definitely do resemble a fishing 'bobber', as they called them in Taylorville. 'Float' is what Grandpa Dale called them, when he was teaching you to fish on his dock. Well, you call these candies 'Fishing Floats'. How the heck would you remember that?

That is from last night, when you were doing everything possible to entertain us so much we'd forget it was your bed time. Yeah, right.
Ok, until tomorrow, when we travel halfway across the country and head for the hotel. You are excited to see "Emma and Owen and Owen and Emma.... And Lucy." I don't know about Jack, you keep leaving him out of it unless we ask you about the twins. I guess Owen is enough boy cousin for you, Lucy sounds way more fun to meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment