Jun 21, 2008

SO behind, nice beach!

Oh sweetie, I am so far behind on this thing. Go do some little thing like buy a house halfway across country, and the blogging time drops to zero. We've been busy though. Last weekend, for Father's Day, you and mom took me to Buck's for brunch, and then to the beach! It was awesome. We went to a different beach than usual, to try and find a place your Momma and I went to years ago. In fact, the week Momma got her new Golf. So we found it, and wow was it ever spectacular.

So spectacular, in fact, that I have over 100 pictures up in this gallery. Seriously. If any of you folks want to see us at the beach, just click here or on the gallery name below, and check it out! We got some really amazing photographs. This beach is made up of sandstone cliffs, and the 'beach' is actually bajillions of tiny pebbles (hence the moniker 'Pebble Beach'), and the sandstone and the cliffs and the pebbles all come together in this otherworldly display of strangeness... You'll just have to check out the gallery to see what I mean.
From Other Pebble Beach...

I mean seriously, it was like an alien landscape down there.


You had an absolute blast on the beach. I mean, the way you collect rocks, one would think you were gonna like it... You loved it.

Where the sandstone and the pebbles came together, there were all these rocks with tiny holes filled with smaller rocks. You were in rock collecting heaven.

And then, it was time to explore.

You did some good exploring.

Here you are with mom, contemplating exactly how un-beach-like this beach is... Not a lot of geography like this in Illinois, I'm afraid!

Here you are getting jiggy on the sandstone.

And did I mention that the beach is made of pebbles?

Lots of pebbles, lots and lots and lots of them.

Here is another one of those pebble repositories, we could have left you here for hours and hours.

In fact, you were so into the rock and all the pebbles, you were a bit oblivious to the fact that the Pacific Ocean was right in front of you...

Momma got some great pictures with the DSLR, and I got some pics of her getting those pics.

And mostly, you played in the rocks. You aren't supposed to take rocks from this beach, which is really hard because they get everywhere, just like sand at the normal beach. Can you tell, you're in heaven here on your beach full of rocks?

Oh yeah, and we started all that off by eating at Buck's, for probably the last time for a long long long time. I'll miss that place. See something new in there every time!

Anyway, what an amazing day. In case you want to sit through all 100 pictures on this page, just click the 'play' icon on this photo and the gallery will run.

No comments:

Post a Comment