Jul 10, 2008

Beyond Late - Last Days in California

I say beyond late here, because we're way past the last days in California... We're now in Illinois!! So I'm kind of late, but better late than never right? Here is a quickie gallery of our last few days in California...

We covered a lot of ground in the last few weeks of being on the West Coast. First, there was Peter L's birthday party! We went up to the city for that one, here's an HDR I made of you on their back deck looking at the city.

Their house is up in Potrero Hill, our old neighborhood! This is what I'll remind you about someday when we talk about hills, and the fact that San Francisco has a lot of 'em.

Amy was really impressed with your hat - because she has the same one! That's a good sense of style you've got there, little bean...

Tim was there too, of course, and he's always ready for a good time.

Of course, this being a 3rd birthday party, there was an abundance of kids and toys. It was an impressive scene on that deck!

The next weekend, we went back up to the city for our going away BBQ! Tim and Amy were nice enough to host The Crew (and all their kids!) for an excellent time and some great food! Here we are on the catwalk between Tim and Amy's place and the loft we used to live in.

I love this picture because, well, I love Sutro Tower pictures anyway, and especially when the tower is in the fog! Plus this was Gay Pride weekend, so they had the Giant Pink Triangle out on the hill as well.

So how do you entertain a bunch of kids in a loft without kid toys? Well a few gigantic bowls full of wine corks and change, plus a bunch of kitchen utensils, and you've got yourself a kid party!

Oh yeah, and those hills? Here's the view off Potrero Hill looking at the bay. Hills, you say?

I'll miss the San Francisco architecture, but thankfully there are actually houses like this (minus the hills of course) right in Oaka Park!

We spent a lot of time in the backyard, and when I say 'we' I mean the whole family, including Lou!

I'll miss our little plants and blooms and flowers, that is until we have a chance to plant more in our new backyard in Oak Park!

You took the opportunity of the sprinklers being on to make sure your glasses were clean.

But really, the last few weeks were all about packing, packing, and more packing!

We also spent a lot of time at the park. One day you and your mom made faces on your hands, kind of like Oobi, and they talked to each other while you were on the teeter totter.

We were sharing the park... With LOTS of bees!

And you are getting really good at the teeter totter...

And of course, those last few weeks we helped ourselves to several trips to LuLu's for Mexican Monday, Taco Tuesday, whatever we could justify!

The last couple weeks, I spent an inordinate amount of time and energy documenting the extremely high concentration of Prius and other hybrids, be them parked at work:

or in our own neighborhood:

or places in between!

And then there was my last bike ride through Portola Valley and Woodside... Amazing trees, that's for sure.



But finally, it was time to go. If we didn't already know that, it became very obvious when the giant moving truck pulled up outside...

And that was the end!! Looks like I need to change the title and description of this blog, we aren't in California anymore!

We close on our new house tomorrow, and move in next week. Time for another chapter in the Havener family saga! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment