Feb 1, 2010

The New Little Miss Havener

Well I guess we're going to have to come up with a new name for this blog! We welcome the newest addition to the family, finally!


The writings here have always been to Maya, and all about Maya. So for what is probably the last post in that tone, Little Miss Havener, here you are a few seconds into meeting your little sister for the first time. And let me tell you, I was worried because you were *not* excited about coming to the hospital to see her. In fact, you said you didn't want to meet her, period. All that changed about a millisecond after you saw her...



You played This Little Piggy with her, and I almost cried.



You got over your own concerns about baby sister, right quick.



Heck, you even gave her a kiss. Not a fart (raspberry), not a blown kiss, not a blowoff (that's what Mom and I usually get when we ask for a kiss). Again, Dad near tears as his three favorite ladies got together for the first time.



Grammy is watching you while Mom, baby, and I are hunkered down in an extremely small hospital room. But she was here too, and eventually she got in on the love, too.



Everyone is waiting on a name for this baby, and we aren't telling yet. For now, at least tonight, let's just say she's Little Miss Havener. You are too big for that moniker now, I guess technically you would call yourself Medium Miss Havener. The blog we'll have to rename, but let's get your little sister's name settled first!



And for the record... 9 pounds, 14 ounces. 22 inches long. A gigantic brain-filled Havener head. You are *not* a small baby by any means. But you are a gentle baby, a quiet baby, and we sure do like you a lot. Thanks for finally showing up!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:45 PM

    How beautiful, Little Miss Havener, Little Maya and he first look at her sister and your words... I am almost crying reading your blog and looking at the pictures. Congrats, she is beautiful, you are so blessed and Mike, Gabriel and I can't wait to meet her! All the best and see you soon,

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi Leonard6:48 AM

    Okay FIRST - Lucy has that same purple flowered shirt. SECOND - TREE you look FANTASTIC. And I love you. And THIRD - I am crying at my desk now. This is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:50 AM

    What a beautiful family!! I love you all so much & can't wait to meet the newest Havener!

    xoxo- Amy, Scott & Heavy G

    ReplyDelete