| From Violet and Maya |
Reason one should be evident, your interaction with Violet has all been amazing to watch. You are tender and careful and excited and proud and it is going to be neat to see you incorporate her into your life as I will to this blog. And I am proud of the way you are handling yourself so I wanted to acknowledge it.
You actually made me cry a little today, I came back into the dining room expecting to find your lunch still half-eaten, with most of the rest scattered about. Instead, there was an empty table. I walked into the kitchen to find you on your tip toes, putting your dishes onto the counter by the sink. You took your placemat and brushed it into the trash. You are truly becoming a big girl.
Reason two, horsepower. You asked about Lightning McQueen going fast when he races, and I lectured on horsepower and using it as a relative measure of a vehicle's ability. You then proceeded to interrogate me as to the power of pretty much every vehicle you could possibly imagine. Both real (freight train, semi truck, SUV, mom's tiny SUV, my car, the m3 daddy loves, that bus, a Ferrari, our lawn mower) and imagined (the entire cast of Cars). So while we revel in Violet's arrival and how excited and tender you are with her
also know that I'm also proud of you for you, and the fact that you are someone I can talk cars and get burritos with.
Dude,
ReplyDeleteYou're gonna have to stop. Every time I check your blog out, I'm about to cry... just saying. Your girls are beautiful and you SHOULD be proud.
See you soon I hope
Ingrid