
Thank you Granny Edna. That was a nice present for Maya to get on her birthday. If Maya ever becomes a professional mountain biker, I will not be able to brag about getting her on her first bike. Technically this would be it. And she loves it. How could you not? It has a sippy-cup holder! And flat handlebars!! Super cool, she had her first bike before her first birthday!
Maya, it is your birthday today and we had your party and it was really very fun and we took lots of pictures and ate tacos and unwrapped presents and you got lots of stuff. I can't wait to post about it. But I have a lot to do between now and getting them up here, so hopefully that will happen tomorrow.

In the meantime though, I have been so busy I didn't get to say anything about your Great Granny Edna. So I wanted to do that quick and get the sad part out of the way.

See, your mom was sad tonight because she didn't get to send her Granny a thank you card for that bike. She was writing them tonight and realized that Edna was one of the first on her list. Your Great Grandma passed away last weekend, and today was your birthday as well as her funeral.

The last time we saw her was in Iowa for her party. Edna had a big family. When we talk about Edna's Greats, of which you are a part, you see it is a large group of people who loved Edna.

She came to California to see your mom and I get married, and seemed to have a pretty good time.

You only met her once, but she gave you an awesome present for your birthday and we needed to thank her for it.

So we all say thank you Granny Edna!
We miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment